This has to be the first time that I have ever made something, taken photos of it straight away THEN gone straight to making a blog post.
I’m definitely late to the oat flour party, which is odd because oats are one of the ingredients I always seem to have an abundance of.
This is adapted from a recipe I found on the telegraph paper. It would of been close to the recipe but I added to much milk….
I did a half batch of the recipe ( which are the measurements below) and got 3 medium sized pancakes. It was an easy batter and everything went into a blender.
Now personally I would change a few little things.
- No blueberries! ( mine were frozen and a little bit bitter)
- If I do use blueberries again I would mix them into the batter when it was completed
- I’d make them a little thinner or maybe into crepes!
- I wouldn’t share…
- 65g oats( mine are chunky cut)
- 100g milk
- 1/2 banana
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 60g frozen blueberries
- Blitz the oats to make an oat flour.
- Add everything else into the blender apart from the blueberries give it a quick blend
- Heat a fry pan on a medium heat.
- Pour in about 2/3 heaped tablespoons of pancakes batter, add on a few blueberries and cook for 2 minutes on both sides
- ATTENTION( now this is what I did, but like I said above, mix the blueberries into the batter then bake it!). This is how I did it, my blueberries got a bit brown..
- The recipe says to take out a pan and keep warm. I don’t know where I was supposed to be put it. It went on a plate where it did not keep warm.
- I finished frying the remaining batter. Once I was done I put the other two pancakes back in the pan to reheat them again.
I served mine with maple syrup and butter.